Skincare and your options
Dot Milton skincare options: The best results for the skin are achieved by a holistic approach ie treatment from the inside and outside.
The perfect skincare regime should consist of a combination of:
- Skin treatments ie cleanser,day cream,night cream,eye cream.
- Skin supplements ie oral solutions / healthy diet.
- Sun protection.
I advise product solutions that will fit into your lifestyle, personal preference & budget.
A balance between natural skin radiance and makeup is ideal.
Makeup is not “bad” for the skin unless it is left on overnight. It is a wonderful protective layer which needs to be removed before sleep.
- After only 5 days of using Beauté Pacifique treatment creams, a re-scan can prove the outstanding anti-ageing results.
- The products do not just improve the surface appearance of the skin but actually improve the biological function in the deeper levels of the skin by repairing and rebuilding the collagen fibre structure in the entire depth of the skin.
- Backed up by clinical studies and observations, as well as ultrasound Dermascan scanning.
READ MORE ON BEAUTE PACIFIQUE HERE
- Volcanic ash and activated charcoal work to extract impurities, rejuvenating skin, removing makeup and its traces without drying skin.
- Super-antioxidants of acai and goji berry help recharge and rejuvenate skin cells.
- Hypoallergenic, Dermatologically & Clinically tested.
READ MORE ON GIOVANNI D-TOX HERE
- Offers a unique product to their patients, where the specialist can customise the strength of the product depending on the severity or sensitivity of the skin.
- Uses safe preservatives containing NO PARABENS.
READ MORE ON DERMACLINICAL HERE
- High quality, specialised skin care products that utilise both natural and high-tech actives.
- Scientifically validated, active serums, creams, micellar cleansers, exfoliators, masks and more.
READ MORE ON OPTODERM
ORAL TREATMENT SOLUTIONS:
Health Benefits of Collagen
Collagen is amazing, and the older we get, the more we need it. So what is it, why should we use it and how should we use it?
Collagen is the most abundant protein in the human body, found in muscles, skin, bones, blood vessels the digestive system and our tendons – it’s what provides strength and elasticity, and even plays a part in the replacing of dead cells. Think of it as the ‘glue’ that holds your body together. We make less of it as we age, and this is seen in wrinkles, sagging skin and joint pain due to weakened or eroded cartilage.
Other things that deplete the levels of collagen in our diet include a high carb diet, high sugar diet, smoking, too much sun exposure and disease states which stress the body. Too much exercise can eventually wear down the collagen and some people are genetically predisposed to poorer collagen stores than others; plus we don’t eat enough collagen-rich foods anymore such as bone broth and offal. Nutritional deficiencies don’t help of course, but thankfully by having foods like bone broth and supplementing with high-quality collagen, you can stem the tide of ageing, disease and pain.
Here are some of the great things collagen will do for you!
- You’ll have fabulous hair and skin! Skin is often a giveaway when it comes to age, but those who take enough collagen will look younger than their years with thicker hair and smoother skin. The secret is the collagen due to the elasticity it and smoothness it gives the skin. Ageing unfortunately can’t be stopped but it can be slowed and ‘managed’ with collagen providing more elasticity, moisture and smoothness to the skin texture.
- Collagen is amazing for joints – joint health is critical to keep you mobile as you get older, and years of wear and tear can lead to joint pain and stiffness. Collagen has been found to be a wonderful healthy alternative to anti-inflammatories for preventing discomfort and supporting mobility.
- If you suffer from leaky gut, collagen is an important addition to the diet. Foods like dairy and wheat (which contain casein, lactose, gluten and gliadin) tend to irritate and erode the lining of the gut – collagen will help to support gut health. It is a supportive protein and gives both integrity and strength to the digestive system. I believe collagen and gelatine should be taken together for best results. Two very important amino acids are found in collagen – proline and glycine – for supporting a healthy gut – and these are very scarce in nature, but prolific in bone broth and collagen.
- If you are tired, collagen helps to give you more energy. If you have a sluggish metabolism, you’ll find collagen very helpful here too. Energy, healthy muscles and a good, healthy metabolism all depend on these two amino acids – glycine and proline – very rich in collagen. Glycine helps to support the body’s blood sugar level, preventing highs and lows, keeping it stable. Glycine also helps to support the production of brain transmitters, calming your nerves, supporting emotional health and maintaining healthy brain function.
- Collagen promotes deeper, more restful sleep – and this is nothing to be sneezed at. Go without sleep for a night or two and you’ll know what I mean! You are more prone to illness, overeating, stress and grumpiness. During restful sleep the body repairs itself and released growth hormone – our anti-ageing and weight loss hormone.
Collagen can supply all the above benefits and a few more as follows:
- Prevent or repair broken capillaries
- Improve damaged skin (from sun, chemicals, heat exposure)
- Treat lack of collagen causing skin to loose it’s elasticity
- Improve ageing skin losing its firmness and suppleness
- Acne responds very well when combined with dietary changes
- Psoriasis, eczema and flaky skin
- Skin pigmentation
- Strong teeth and healthy gums
- General skin imbalances
- Nails that are brittle and flaky
- Lack lustre hair, thinning hair, hair loss
- Dry brittle hair
- Promotes restful sleep
- Liver detoxifier
- Excellent for gut health
- Improved metabolism
- Bone density
- Cognitive ability improves
- Banishes cellulite and removes the dimpling effect on the skin
- Prevents and reduces existing stretch marks
READ MORE ON COLLAGEN HERE
- A natural oral alternative for the treatment of acne, pimples and bad skin. MAPP reduces oiliness, redness, skin inflammation and prevents scarring.
READ MORE ON MAPP HERE
- Full mineral make-up range that is free from preservatives, additives fragrances and other potential skin irritants.
READ MORE ON BODYOGRAPHY HERE
- Eyelash and eyebrow enhancing serum – thicker, longer lashes in as little as 4 weeks.
READ MORE ON RAPID LASH HERE
- Eyebrow enhancing serum – enhance and improve the appearance of eyebrows in just 60 days.
READ MORE ON RAPID BROW HERE
- Sun Skin is a professionally formulated sunscreen range for the face and body for all ages, all skin types and skin colours.
- I value its high standard of quality, organic sun filters (endorsed by CANSA), user-friendly packaging (refillable mobile 50ml bottles), and commitment to sun education in schools.
READ MORE ON SUN SKIN HERE
SKIN CARE FOR CHILDREN:
Skin Kidz formulated a professional children skin care range for children younger than 12 years.
READ MORE ON SKIN KIDZ RANGE HERE
Sun Skin Self Tan
- Sun Skin Self-Tan is amazing – its 3 in 1 Sun Protection, Gradual Tanner and Moisturiser
READ MORE ON SUN SKIN SELF TAN HERE
Bodyography Face and Body Bronzing Gloss
- Face and Body Bronzing Gloss by Bodyography- an instant, one-shade-fits-all bronzing gloss for the face and body that imparts a radiant, sun-kissed glow. This instant glow booster is perfect for those “I forgot to tan my legs” moments or to add a little bronze glow to your daily makeup and body care routine.
READ MORE ON FACE AND BODY BRONZING GLOSS HERE
Also by Bodyography.
Finally, a product that will give your skin that Caribbean glow…naturally! Created with minerals for every skin tone, this buildable formula is packed with powerful anti-aging ingredients.
- Natural Finish Face Bronzer
READ MORE ON FACE BRONZERS HERE